Monday, November 1, 2010

319.OF BLINK, RADAR NUMBERS AND RAYMOND WEIL…

Nothing much has been written worthy of mention on currency and notes lately. Come to think of it, I don’t recalled writing anything on watches or clocks as well for quite a while. What more a book review.

This book ‘BLINK’ was a present received some time back but never managed to haul myself to complete reading until recently. For those who are looking for some material to loosen up the mind, this book suits you.

What I want to jot down is not the book review rather a preowned piece of RM100 Malaysian currency note tucked in between the pages of the book. I must have placed it there some time back during those initial glances at the book contents.

Turned out this currency note carries a radar number with a ZA series. Placing interesting currency notes in books surfaced from ATM, from a bank counter or a shopping change is supposed to be temporary but most of the time the transit period seemed permanent.

I remember clearly about this RM100 note bearing number ZA 1495941. 

The note was handed to Muzill to make a payment over a counter when he realized that it carries a radar number. Returning the note with a smile, he casually mentioned that I might want to keep the note and requested me to have a second glance.

Indeed it might not be an UNC, still it has a special value…and by the time I took another note, he has already settled the bill. 

I just returned the smile…

Oh yes, what has the book and the radar note got to do with the Raymond Weil? Well, I was wearing this watch when the radar number was rediscovered recently in the BLINK. This RW is a special gift from my better half many years ago and I’ll always treasure this priceless timepiece…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...